Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications

Zune Games and Applications Discuss, request, share, and download Zune Games here. Having troubles with Zune Games? No problem, we can help.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Nanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant future
Default Collaborative Drawing

As I didn't receive anything really feasible in this thread, I'm just going to go with something I think sounds cool. So, what I'm thinking is a collaborative drawing app.

There would be some number of rooms or channels with which you could connect. Each of these rooms contains a unique canvas and on this canvas all connected clients can free form draw. As a client draws it updates on all other clients. The canvas would be infinite in width and height and zoom and position on the canvas would be adjustable with two fingers. Each client can specify their color and would at least have primarily a freeform spline and perhaps structured shapes such as ovals, rects, etc.

Thoughts?

Nanaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

That sounds pretty awesome man. Just wish my uni would get something like this up and running so I could brainstorm with my group. If it's feasible do it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Charge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
timmahcheese

timmahcheese will become famous soon enough

what an app that would be... it should be made to be able to play over the internets, if at all possible (i know hardly anybody that owns a zune).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

timmahcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Nanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahcheese View Post
what an app that would be... it should be made to be able to play over the internets, if at all possible (i know hardly anybody that owns a zune).
Ya, it would connect to a central server and require internet access to run

Nanaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
Ya, it would connect to a central server and require internet access to run
I think he means through a web browser on a PC also. Could you make two clients which interconnect. That's what he means, I think.

Charge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
Alex
Ban ALL the Users
GFX Crew
Super Moderator
Expert Zuner

Alex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Alex

I like the idea. Sounds like it would be pretty fun.

Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
timmahcheese

timmahcheese will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge View Post
I think he means through a web browser on a PC also. Could you make two clients which interconnect. That's what he means, I think.
that's actually not what i meant, but it does sound sound like a cool idea. would make it all that harder to code, tho

timmahcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

runewake2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to runewake2

It would be cool, if a tad laggy. I suck with networking or I'd offer to help (also ZDK... never used it).

If you need something like UI, art or something I could pitch in. Just let me know.

If it happened I'd use it.

runewake2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Prodigy

Prodigy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Prodigy Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy

that sounds awesome!

Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote