Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk > Zune HD

Zune HD Talk anything related to the Zune HD

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
cdog

cdog is on a distinguished road
Default Zune no longer connects to internet

Randomly while I was using wifi I was using the internet browser and the screen suddenly went black. The only way I could get out of it was to restart the Zune. When it restarted I could not connect to any network and if I go to the internet browser it turns black automatically. I can't get it to work and I would like to find a solution other than restoring the firmware. Has anyone else ever experienced a problem like this or has a solution to it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Arfy

Yes this exact thing happened to me a while back. I had to do a complete device format (removes firmware and content) to fix it.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
cdog

That's what I was afraid of. Time to restore.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Mr. Snuggle Bunny
Experienced Zuner

Mr. Snuggle Bunny is on a distinguished road

Nope.avi.

It seems to be a problem with your router. Restart that first before restoring your Zune. Trust me, it happens at my aunt's house but NEVER at mine.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
enterflux
Graduate Zuner

enterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to all

I seriously doubt this. The router would not cause your Zune to crash. I much more believe Arfy's solution. It's probably just a bug that's developed within the firmware.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Arfy

The internet browser being a black screen has nothing to do with a router. It's the device.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
cdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snuggle Bunny View Post
Nope.avi.

It seems to be a problem with your router. Restart that first before restoring your Zune. Trust me, it happens at my aunt's house but NEVER at mine.
Do you really think I didn't restart it first? I must have restarted it and tried everything I could think of before I posted.

Closed Thread