Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications

Zune Games and Applications Discuss, request, share, and download Zune Games here. Having troubles with Zune Games? No problem, we can help.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Rebeccal997
Zewbie

Rebeccal997 is on a distinguished road
Default Zune reader: any decent books?

I'm just a normal user, and don't have any special downloader things. Can anyone explain a good way for me to get good books on it? I believe my borhter put on this one program but I don't think it would be any use to that. So a simple way for a normal user to use the zune reader app? It's really confusing.

Rebeccal997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Arfey McFeeshy
Experienced Zuner

Arfey McFeeshy is on a distinguished road

If you're using the app from the marketplace then there's a wide selection of books to choose from. You just connect to the internet with your zune, open the zune reader app, and then use the browser built into the app to download the books you want. The one's provided are all legally free which means there's lots of classics (Dracula, Alice and Wonderland, The Time Machine, etc)

I think there's a way to get books you have stored on your computer in a certain file type to go on the app, but I'm not certain. It involves uploading it to a website and entering the link to download it from with the app. I've heard results aren't always promising as I've heard.

Arfey McFeeshy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

there is actually a whole other thread about importing you own books, but basically all you need to do is sign up for a dropbox account (or other file sharing service) where you can upload any text, epub, xhtml, and i think lit files, that will also give you a direct download link (with dropbox you can shorten it quite a bit). make sure these files do not have any DRM on them. you then go onto the zune reader app and select "add book", type in the url (including the http://) and away you go. it is quite finicky though, you should try out some of the classics, i found "the art of war" to be quite intriguing. you might be surprised how many books you'll like, especially ancient ones you probably wouldn't buy otherwise.

boohbah11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
Anthony
Experienced Zuner

Anthony is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Anthony Send a message via Skype™ to Anthony

I reommend any books written by Cory Doctorow.

Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote