Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Download OpenZDK Applications

Download OpenZDK Applications OpenZDK Applications

Old 10-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Netrix
Default Liberate v1.6.2 (Wi-Fi timeout fixed) - Explorer for Zune HD

Name: Liberate
Version: 1.6.2 (Wi-Fi timeout fixed)
Author: Netrix, Microsoft (explorer.exe and wceload.exe)
Licenses: 'Free to distribute and modify, provided that credit is given' and Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Shared Source License (explorer.exe and wceload.exe)

This app liberates your Zune HD's display to allow you to run applications and games that render using GDI, DirectDraw or OpenGL ES 2.0. However, many things will not work without adding additional libraries that they need in order to run. (The most common ones are included.)

To find software that has been found to work so far, please see the Liberate Compatibility List. If you find that software that works, please add it to the table.

Anything that was made to work on Windows CE devices (StrongARM or ARM CPU) has a chance of working. If it was made for MIPS or SH3/SH4, it will definitely not work. Also, Windows Mobile software might work, but has a much lower chance of working.

Users can use the File Deployer to deploy their own files to use with Liberate. Just add your files to the Content folder, and deploy it. It will run automatically. Your files will be deployed to /Flash2/Files. A shortcut to that folder will appear on the Liberate desktop after running File Deployer, however rebooting will cause the shortcut to disappear. Your files will stay in /Flash2/Files and you will still be able to access them by double-tapping "My Device", "Flash2", then "Files".

Developers could create OpenZDK games/apps (or port existing software) that use GDI or OpenGL ES 2.0 and create a shortcut in Start -> Programs so users could run this app, then launch software through the Start menu.

Update:
-File Deployer now shows the files that it is deploying. (Fixed)
-Added Wi-Fi timeout fix (results vary). Thanks to svxs.
-Enabled multi-touch and accelerometer use within Liberate through a service. (Refer to the Multi-touch test to see how it is done).

Yet to come: (in likely order)
-Backing up of Start menu shortcuts.
-Backing up of apps' Registry entries.
-More options for right-clicking.

Note: When the app is run, Explorer will show and then after a few seconds, the screen will become black for a second. Try not to touch the screen while it is black. If you do touch it, it will stay black. In that case, simply press the Home button once to fix it. Also, avoid pressing the Home button when the screen is not black or holding the power button (except to reboot the Zune), as doing so might cause the input to stop working.

Regarding CABs:
To install them, double-click them. Install them to a folder on /Flash2, otherwise the files will disappear after rebooting and they might not even install properly.

If it says there is not enough space, click "no" and install it anyway. If it says that it is not compatible (but the program is supposed to be compatible with ARM), install it anyway.

If it says that it is "not a valid Windows CE setup file", that probably because it is compressed. In that case, you would need to find one that is not compressed, or try extracting the files with MSCEInf and see if they work.

Downloads:
Liberate v1.6.2.zip
Liberate v1.6.2 Source.zip
File Deployer v1.2.zip
File Deployer v1.2 Source.zip

Donations:
If you think my work deserves a monetary reward, money can be sent to me through PayPal to mr.netrix+paypal@gmail.com or just click the button below. It would be greatly appreciated, but certainly not expected.

Screenshot:

Last edited by Netrix; 12-15-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Netrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

Yet we can't find way to use YouTube still? but good job. I would mess around with this, but my laptop with XNA crashed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Legend is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
sai777
Experienced Zuner

sai777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking awsome 5 stars

this is awesome. we r doing this good but we still can find a flash player but im really happy for liberate. thanks netrix

sai777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Austin98989

Austin98989 is on a distinguished road

R u gunna try to get a full operating system working on it

Austin98989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #5
timmahcheese

timmahcheese will become famous soon enough

naw, see what would make this amazing is a file browser/modifier. then it would be really close to its own OS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

timmahcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
Bman22
Where!
Retired Staff

Bman22 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Bman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin98989 View Post
R u gunna try to get a full operating system working on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahcheese View Post
naw, see what would make this amazing is a file browser/modifier. then it would be really close to its own OS
Wow. Just wow. Austin98989, what do you think the zune is running. A Nonoperating system? Timmahcheese, it has a file browser. Its explorer. Thats the entire point of explorer.

Bman22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahcheese View Post
You should probably double-tap "My Device".

Old 10-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

keymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to all

looks very nice, too bad I can't develop games if it cost me my life. Is this kinda like the app, where you can use your pc using the wifi (wireless) coming from your pc?

keymasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
timmahcheese

timmahcheese will become famous soon enough

oh, sry. nevermind, then.

timmahcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
Dark Phoenix
Banned
Senior Zuner

Dark Phoenix will become famous soon enough

So what is the main purpose?

Dark Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix View Post
So what is the main purpose?
It is to be able to run some games/apps that are for Windows CE and not open source, as well as games/apps that render with GDI. I will test windowed OpenGL later.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
Rob
Banned
Super Zuner

Rob will become famous soon enough

nice work! very cleanly done!

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 04:55 AM   #13
Carpe Diem
Experienced Zuner

Carpe Diem is on a distinguished road

Very impressive!
I'm hoping this opens up some new possibilities for ZuneHD.

Carpe Diem is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 05:46 AM   #14
autopilot

autopilot is on a distinguished road

Genius. Any ideas if GSPlayer or something along those lines could work here? Shoutcast, ogg, wav, etc.. I'm assuming GSPlayer is Win CE compatible, though I know little about mobile platforms.

autopilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 06:52 AM   #15
Scott1220
Senior Zuner

Scott1220 is a jewel in the roughScott1220 is a jewel in the rough

Oh sweet dude...!!!

Scott1220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #16
tnap

Nice job. I may have to buy a zHD just to try this out.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #17
quix117
Jr. Zuner

quix117 is on a distinguished road

This is sweet, but it doesn't seem to have much of a point.

quix117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #18
Rob
Banned
Super Zuner

Rob will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by quix117 View Post
This is sweet, but it doesn't seem to have much of a point.
Quote:
It is to be able to run some games/apps that are for Windows CE and not open source, as well as games/apps that render with GDI. I will test windowed OpenGL later.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #19
That Guy Is Here

That Guy Is Here will become famous soon enough

This is reallly cool.

That Guy Is Here is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #20
humberto
Zuner

humberto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netrix View Post
Try not to touch the screen while it is black. If you do touch it, it will become black.
Wait, what? So if I touch it while its black, it will turn black?

Haha. I'm just kidding. Great job Netrix. I see a whole new world of possibilies with this app.

Edit:
I've played around with it for a while now, and I was hoping to be able to test run some programs, but it apears that I am unable to add any of my own files, or put them to where the explorer can reach them. Will we see a method of adding our own files/programs in the future?

inb4 On-screen keyboard might come in handy. I found something that might work here

Last edited by humberto; 10-24-2010 at 12:36 PM.

humberto is offline   Reply With Quote