Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications

Zune Games and Applications Discuss, request, share, and download Zune Games here. Having troubles with Zune Games? No problem, we can help.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
spencerr
Zewbie

spencerr is on a distinguished road
Default Sorry in advance for being such a noob at all this.

to start, i would like to say i have a average grasp of HTML (weak, i know) and i tentative grasp of C++. however, very recently i discovered how to actually put games on my ZuneHD other than the ones that Microsoft puts up, and how awesome it can be. subsequently, i now really want to try to make a few games with the ideas i have.

I know that i can just post my ideas, but i would like to be able to make them myself and work on them and basically have something to do with my time.

Also, if this is posted in the incorrect spot or way please tell me this is my first post.

So, to get to the point, can anyone give me any pointers or (more specifically) point me in the direction of a good online tutorial or ebook i can download to my kindle, i live in a very small city with no bookstores so ebooks are pretty much the best i can do.

Thanks in advance,

-spencerr

spencerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
dooglehead
><(((ยบ>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Learn at least the basics of C# before learning XNA. It sould be easy to learn because you already know C++. Here are some good tutorials for getting started with making computer games XNA. Here is a good tutorial for making XNA games for the Zune HD.

dooglehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
spencerr
Zewbie

spencerr is on a distinguished road

thank you, those both seem very useful. im gonna get started wtih C# tomorrow

spencerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

runewake2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to runewake2

Most of my games have the source with them, you could check that out, granted the comments are a bit lax.

If you need any pointers just send me a PM and I can give you some advice.

C# is a relatively simple language (more like Java than say C++), the learning curve is extremely mellow if you already know a language.

Good Luck!

runewake2 is offline   Reply With Quote