After having trouble with the controls (trying to play while lying in the bed), I figured them out and find it really cool.
One question, though:
I made it till 50000m and still it feels like it would repeat the same over and over again (jump up lots of leaves; spawning randomly), fight the same frog boss over and over again; continue.
Is there really only one boss? Because it would be cool if there where different bosses, having different attacks and such.
XMR1: Yes, at the moment there is only one boss... But I will add more later on.
xtreme: This sounds like a bug. So you say extra points and dry leafs give no awards? I have to check that. Thanks for pointing that out.
And yeah, I felt like adding something like exponential counters or people would have all the awards within one day So maybe some numbers are really too high. But I left space for more awards that I can add later on anyways. So maybe I reduce some numbers and add totally different awards later on. Any ideas for extras to pickup or bosses or anything else?
1) If you add them all up, there are 95 cups in your list. I haven't gotten dry leaf or extra point cups either
2) I feel that XMR1 does make a good point in that the frogs get extremely repetitive, especially if they're ever 5000 or so. I think a higher number (10000 or 15000?) might make more sense. There are more boss fights than regular monsters xD.
3) One possibility is to make an increasingly difficult frog instead of new bosses. So the second time you face it, it has more HP. The third time, it can breathe fire or something...I want a boss that shoots projectiles of some sort. If you could have some form of AI, that would be awesome! Bosses that chase you or something.
4) I've gotten a bug once where the leaves didn't disappear at the frog. Killing the frog didn't create any more leaves. I've gotten this with the previous build as well, so it's possible that it wasn't fixed. There have been much fewer bugs though, so this build is fairly stable.
5) I like the numbers for the cups. Challenging enough to keep people playing
6) Possible pickups = Shield (Like the spike but you'd go through monsters instead of killing them). Double-shot (Probably useful only against bosses). Double-damage-shot (Again, just for bosses). Higher bounce (like bouncy shoes or something). Maybe the boss-only ones could drop during boss fights.
7) It might be interesting if you put an arrow limit. Like a picture of a quiver and then (x#). And then bosses/monsters could drop bundles of arrows. Bosses might have to drop them even within the fight. Just to discourage missing.
8) Make more cups Either increase the number of cups for each category or more categories please
@Xtreme If you don't get distracted, you can play while tapping a corner or something and you'd get it like that
@DinoGames: You could add in the suggestions Carpe Diem made (more health and/or projectiles for boss), that would make it more challenging.
Also maybe add a few other different bosses (like a giant fly, that flies around just as the frog, but instead of putting its tongue out, it will bump down on you. The higher you get the faster it would do that.
Hey DiNo, if you're considering more powerups, what about powerdowns?
1) Can't shoot arrows
2) No points from height
3) No extra points
4) Reverse controls (tilt left to move right)
5) 1/2 Damage for arrows
6) Auto-game over
They'd introduce a new dimension to the game. Especially if you add trophies like "Risk Taker" or something.
Also, I think that you should create "ultimate trophies" for the people who play a lot. Possibly multiple requirements, requirements to be met within one game, boss trophies. Just make them hard =D. And shiny.
Hey Great game and i find myself agreeing with alot of the ideas above. I've had no issues with the game so far but i was wondering one thing. I was playing through a pretty decent round and i seemed to unlock some kind of trophy with red stars that said blackhole. Thats the best Descript i can give so i was wondering what it was. It didnt show up in my trophy collection.
Thanks. Black hole is the name of the cup for getting 500000 Extra points. So this clears up that the announcement of Extra Points trophys works, but it will not show up in the trophy room. This information helps, thanks.