Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
smitmi04
Zewbie

smitmi04 is on a distinguished road
Default "0 items added to collection-media type not valid"

I've been downloading music from frostwire for a few months now....the same way everytime. This time for no apparent reason there is a problem and i keep getting the message up in the title of this thread and have no idea what the problem is. I used to be able to just drag songs over and it would sync immediately.

i read stuff about converting files but i'm seriously bad at working with computers beyond web surfing.

please help soon...i leave for school in the afternoonnnnn

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
J2800
sig parvis magna
Retired Staff
Zune Lord

J2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to all

Are you sure they are in MP3 format?

Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
smitmi04
Zewbie

under "type" on frostwire they all say mp3

Old 01-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
J2800
sig parvis magna
Retired Staff
Zune Lord

J2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to allJ2800 is a name known to all

Can you play them in Zune software? If not, can you play them in Windows Media Player?

Old 01-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
smitmi04
Zewbie

well i can't get them onto the zune software to begin with, that's the problem. I mean everything else can play in there if that's what you're asking. And what's more annoying is that all of the songs have the little zune symbol next as if they already synced over!

and i'm not sure how to check for windows media player

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 01-13-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: merged consecutive (please do not multiple post)

Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
smitmi04
Zewbie

Default CAN'T PLAY

forget the thread saying that zero media was added. It added onto my software but only into a separate playlist and not into my collection. Most of the songs in this playlist have that little exclamation point next it it and when you click it, it gives you a "summary" of why it can't play. i clicked on webhelp but it looks like my only option si to redownload....all 140ish songs. Is that really my only option?

Old 01-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
itsnotabigtruck
R E D R U M
Development Front
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

itsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitmi04 View Post
forget the thread saying that zero media was added. It added onto my software but only into a separate playlist and not into my collection. Most of the songs in this playlist have that little exclamation point next it it and when you click it, it gives you a "summary" of why it can't play. i clicked on webhelp but it looks like my only option si to redownload....all 140ish songs. Is that really my only option?
I merged this back into your old thread as this is really on the lines of the same topic.

It would help if you told us exactly what error message you got in the Zune software.

Closed Thread