Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > zHD

zHD Help with the Zune HD.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
SteppingSplash
Half Bad
Expert Zuner

SteppingSplash has a spectacular aura aboutSteppingSplash has a spectacular aura about
Default Zune won't connect to wi-fi!

I went around town today and could not connect to any network with my ZuneHD. I tried all unsecured networks, and it said "Zune can't associate with network" or something of the like. I was in range, from one to three bars each time. Even the "Zune Hotspot" at McDonald's wouldn't work...
Do I have settings wrong or what?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem right now. The weird thing is that it worked for a week or two and then stopped. No matter what connection I try it won't work. I even followed microsofts troubleshooting. I really don't want to reformat my Zune, it took me so long to get all my stuff loaded on there. If anyone has a solution PLEASE help us.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
SteppingSplash
Half Bad
Expert Zuner

SteppingSplash has a spectacular aura aboutSteppingSplash has a spectacular aura about

Well, if you hold down the media and home buttons (assuming you're on zHD also) until the screen tells you to plug your Zune into a PC, it deletes just the firmware, not any content. Then you can reinstall the firmware.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Air King
Zune Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppingSplash View Post
Well, if you hold down the media and home buttons (assuming you're on zHD also) until the screen tells you to plug your Zune into a PC, it deletes just the firmware, not any content. Then you can reinstall the firmware.
Alright then, cool. I'm trying this out now. Its odd, I connected my Zune HD to the PC and set up the wireless network again and for whatever reason i could use the Zune internet browser while it was connected to the PC but as soon as I disconnected it, it lost connection. very odd.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
Creative Zune
Life goes on...
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Creative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Creative Zune Send a message via MSN to Creative Zune

Did you try restarting the device?

Old 01-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
Air King
Zune Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppingSplash View Post
Thanks a lot... I thought you said it wouldn't delete any content, liar, it deleted everything. Please verify your info before just telling people stuff.

BTW I figured out the problem. A little while ago, the same day the Zune started acting up, my dad decided to install a SECOND wireless router without my knowledge. Of course that caused problems and conflicting information, which would also explain why I was suddenly unable to connect to Xbox Live and my PC's internet connection also slowed down. I am going to remove it tomorrow, I will post the results by tomorrow night.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
BrutalChimactic
Zuner

BrutalChimactic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BrutalChimactic Send a message via Yahoo to BrutalChimactic Send a message via Skype™ to BrutalChimactic

Can the Zune HD connect to an internet connection that requires an ID and a password? like a college wireless internet?

Old 01-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
Creative Zune
Life goes on...
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Creative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalChimactic View Post
Can the Zune HD connect to an internet connection that requires an ID and a password? like a college wireless internet?
Yes, but but some colleges use Enterprise encryption which the zune does not support.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #9
BrutalChimactic
Zuner

BrutalChimactic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BrutalChimactic Send a message via Yahoo to BrutalChimactic Send a message via Skype™ to BrutalChimactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Zune View Post
Yes, but but some colleges use Enterprise encryption which the zune does not support.
How do u get it so u can put in the ID tho? theres only an input for a password, do u have to do something differently?

Old 01-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #10
Creative Zune
Life goes on...
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalChimactic View Post
How do u get it so u can put in the ID tho? theres only an input for a password, do u have to do something differently?
You cannot input an ID, only a password. Hopefully they change this in the next firmware update.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 AM   #11
SteppingSplash
Half Bad
Expert Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Zune View Post
...the next firmware update.
I really want an update. There's just too many bugs...

Closed Thread