Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
Jasean
Zewbie

Jasean is on a distinguished road
Default CDs won't rip in Zune - Please help!

I have just recently downloaded the Zune software to my PC to try it out and see if I like it before purchasing a Zune 80g player.

The problem I'm having is the Zune software is not ripping my CDs to the hard drive. It recognizes the CD and tracks just fine, but next to each track is a "!" in a yellow circle that says:

Rip failed
Error summary:
Can't access the file. It might be in use, you might not be able to access the computer where the file is store, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

Error code:
C00D11D2

I've followed the "web help", tried turning off my firewalls, restarted the pc numerous times and have tried multiple CDs only to have the same thing happen over and over again.

I really don't know what to do. Can anyone help?

Note: I'm running Vista premium home edition.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
Scrapz616
Super Zuner

Scrapz616 is just really niceScrapz616 is just really niceScrapz616 is just really nice

Make sure you run Zune software as administrator
That's all i can really tell you, I've never ripped cd's with zune software, sorry

Old 04-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
stkr
Ars longa, vita brevis
Retired Staff
Super ZunerĀ²

stkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant futurestkr has a brilliant future

Yeah, running as an Administrator has fixed a couple of my issues too. Maybe you should try ripping with another program. If more than one program cannot rip you will at least know that it's not the Zune software.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
runtohell121
*disappeared*
Zune Priest

runtohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud ofruntohell121 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to runtohell121

or.. just use another program to rip it then transfer it to your zune software? that should work better... ... you can keep on trying.. you might get lucky sometime though..

Old 04-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
Man.
Zune Freak

Man. will become famous soon enough

WMP 11 is your best option, I've also never used the zune software to rip cd's as WMP has never failed.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
killpineapple
Experienced Zuner

killpineapple is on a distinguished road

ive had instances on crappy computers where the DISC option doesnt even appear when you pop a disc in, but i havent had problems yet with ripping disc on normal speed computers.

what are the stats of the computer you are trying to do all this with?
(p.s. i also recommend ripping with WMP)

Closed Thread