Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications

Zune Games and Applications Discuss, request, share, and download Zune Games here. Having troubles with Zune Games? No problem, we can help.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #41
TheZMan
Zuner

TheZMan is on a distinguished road

If you are prepared to download developer tools and load games from the source code (its fairly trivial to set up and do this) then yes you can play games. Its not like installing a game on Windows yet.

As for prizes I don't know of any.

TheZMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-16-2008, 07:38 AM   #42
Tamiro1992
Experienced Zuner

Tamiro1992 is on a distinguished road
Default LAG?

does it lag when you play it?

Tamiro1992 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #43
SimReality

SimReality will become famous soon enough

What do you mean "lag"? If you mean having the game run slowly, then it depends on the game. The two I've made don't lag, but if someone tried to make a particle system with 50,000 particles I'm sure your Zune would start crying.

SimReality is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2008, 05:40 AM   #44
Tayl0r
Experienced Zuner

Tayl0r is on a distinguished road

do you install the clock the same way as you do the games

Tayl0r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #45
Arkilae
Zewbie

Arkilae is on a distinguished road

Thank you for this wonderful little FAQ.

Arkilae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #46
namewithhe1d
Zewbie

namewithhe1d is on a distinguished road

Right on.. thanks

namewithhe1d is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #47
alteregowi
Zewbie

alteregowi is on a distinguished road

have they or when are they going to add support for 64x so I can add games to my 80gb Zune... with my Vista Ultimate 64x , Patiently waiting

alteregowi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #48
TheZMan
Zuner

TheZMan is on a distinguished road

They have not

They will at some point

We don't know when other than it will be fixed for RTM - due Holiday 2008. There's been no announcement of any intermediate betas but they have always had a beta in the fall so fingers crossed this one gets fixed for that.

TheZMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #49
alteregowi
Zewbie

alteregowi is on a distinguished road

I sure Hope soo soon , I see all the great games and neat applications for the zune now and its making me a little antsy to be able to get the cool stuff onto my zune, seen both of my machines are vista 64x I get to drool, cry and wait LOL j/k on the crying part

alteregowi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #50
Lister22
Squirt

Lister22 is on a distinguished road

Am I crazy or is there a 12 game limit on the Zune? And why?

Lister22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #51
LedZepp
Experienced Member

LedZepp has a spectacular aura aboutLedZepp has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister22 View Post
Am I crazy or is there a 12 game limit on the Zune? And why?
Your crazy

LedZepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #52
Lister22
Squirt

Lister22 is on a distinguished road

No, I'm not. When I put a 13th game on my Zune, it randomly takes another game off. Really, it does! I can't get more than 12.

Lister22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #53
itsnotabigtruck
R E D R U M
Development Front
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

itsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister22 View Post
No, I'm not. When I put a 13th game on my Zune, it randomly takes another game off. Really, it does! I can't get more than 12.
It sounds like the 13th game you're trying to install has the same GUID as one of the games already on your Zune.

Try editing AssemblyInfo.cs and changing the GUID in that file.

Quote:
Its not like installing a game on Windows yet.
With RIG, it is.

itsnotabigtruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #54
YoshQ
Zewbie

YoshQ is on a distinguished road

I don't know where to ask this question so...
my checkers board is frozen atm... it looks like this
|--|K|--|--|
|C|--|--|--|
|--|C|--|--|
|C|--|Y|--|
|--|Y|--|Y|
|Y|--|Y|--|
|--|Y|--|--|
C=computer
Y=yoshq
K=yoshq's king
--=space
it's the computer's turn and it won't do anything...in irl checkers I should get another turn right? b/c it's completely frozen...I'll have to start a new game now *gasp

YoshQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #55
Bolt
zB President
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Bolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Bolt

You won, because the computer ran out of moves. I'm going to see if this thread is relevant anymore

Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #56
itsnotabigtruck
R E D R U M
Development Front
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

itsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
You won, because the computer ran out of moves. I'm going to see if this thread is relevant anymore
I tightened up the graphics on the OP; it should remain completely relevant now.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:41 AM   #57
Bolt
zB President
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Bolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Bolt

Nice additions, Truck

Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #58
water polo
Zewbie

water polo is on a distinguished road

the only thing im worried about is whether there are any viruses attatched to the games. since you can download them from almost anywhere whose to say there isnt a virus that would attack my computer or my zune? are there certian websites that are more trustworthy than others?

water polo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #59
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by water polo View Post
the only thing im worried about is whether there are any viruses attatched to the games. since you can download them from almost anywhere whose to say there isnt a virus that would attack my computer or my zune? are there certian websites that are more trustworthy than others?
A) There has never been even a single reported instance of a virus being capable of harming a Zune
B) I have never picked up an infection from any Zune game download, from here or otherwise. If you're really that afraid though, I suggest you do two things: 1) Get a decent anti-virus program like NOD32, AVG, Norton, etc. and 2) Download games from this topic: [link] Every single download is on the ZuneBoards FTP server, which is managed by CrowdGather. This is pretty much guaranteed to be virus free.

Locke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #60
itsnotabigtruck
R E D R U M
Development Front
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by water polo View Post
Someone could theoretically bundle a virus with a game and run it with a build event. However, in that case Visual C# will display a stern security warning when you open the project. Provided that you aren't stupid and heed the warning, there's no chance you would get a virus.

Moreover, it would be impossible for an ordinary XNA game to do much of anything to your Zune that would affect it after the game is exited. Also, all traces of a game are eliminated when it is uninstalled, so there isn't really any chance of a Zune virus either.

Instead of worrying about getting a virus, just download games with impunity and enjoy this awesome functionality.