Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk

Zune Talk Talk anything related to the Zune.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
the Pl4gue
Super ZunerĀ²

the Pl4gue is a jewel in the roughthe Pl4gue is a jewel in the rough
Default [How To] Remove Zune Album Art (Requires formatting your Zune)

OK everyone, seeing as so far I don't know anyone else who knows how to do this(No one has told me) I looked at it myself and figured out how to COMPLETELY remove Album Art from the Zune Software. Here's the guide.

1. Make sure that there is no embedded album art in your song, unless it's the album art you want.
You can do this by going into Windows Media Player 11, selecting a song, and clicking "Advanced Tag Editor" and going into "Pictures" and adding/removing embedded album art.

Once you do this, if you add the song to Zune Software it either A) Won't get the incorrect embedded album art you don't want or B) Get the album art you embedded

2. For those who want to remove album art from the Zune Software
Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Zune\Art Cache"

And delete away. This removed it for me.

3. Removing Album Art from the Zune.
As I've read on these forums, album art is STILL stored on the Zune itself, possibly in a hidden partition. If you've done everything up to now, and resync songs, you've still got the album art. Here's how to get rid of it:

1. Connect your Zune.
Go to the Zune Software, Settings, Device, Sync Options,
2. Click "ERASE ALL CONTENT"

This deletes even the stored album art on the Zune. Now start resyncing all your music.

- Nathan Lawliet, finally free of some bull**** album art.

Last edited by the Pl4gue; 01-12-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Closed Thread