Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
cool9333
Squirt

cool9333 is on a distinguished road
Default new Zune software won't open after install

I updated my Zune's firmware & software at work where I was connected as a guest; everything went smooth. I downloaded the setup package from zune.net to update the software on my home computer, but now my home machine won't detect my Zune and I can't start the Zune software. When I click on the shortcut to start the program, I get a dialog box with "You must restart your computer after setup." Restarting doesn't help. I have uninstalled & reinstalled but I still get the same message. Any ideas? TIA

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-15-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
Max

Max has disabled reputation

What os do you have.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
cool9333
Squirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
What os do you have.
sorry for omitting that info: XP SP2

Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #4
Justananomaly
The Digital Phantom
Retired Admin
Zune Lord

Justananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offer

Just as a test...
Try running zune in win2000 compatibility mode to see if it gives you the same error
Rightclick icon>Properties>Compatibility tab, click the first checkbox and click Windows 2000.
Let me know if that does anything
Mostly, I want to know if this is the same error us vista users are getting but worded differently in Vista.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:38 AM   #5
cool9333
Squirt

I finally got it to work, but I can't recommend my method. I could have easily screwed up my computer, but luckily, did not. This is how I did it (try at your own risk): I uninstalled the software through Add/Remove Programs. Next I searched my HD for "Zune" & deleted everything it found. Then, I ran regedit and did a search in the registry for "Zune". I deleted every "Zune" entry in the registry that it would allow me to delete. I restarted my machine, the installation went smooth & now my software opens fine.

My issue now is that I have a screwed up hardware driver for my Zune. I am guessing that I did something in the registry to mess it up. Well, that's for another thread....

Thanks anyway.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
caltemus
Zewbie

caltemus is on a distinguished road

Sorry for bumping an old thread but i have the same problem and have tried the above solution with no results. Does anyone know any other way that I can solve this problem?

Old 12-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
Sorry for bumping an old thread but i have the same problem and have tried the above solution with no results. Does anyone know any other way that I can solve this problem?

All you had to do was make your own topic and link/quote what you wanted from here. >.> Anyway....use UnZoone to remove the old installation and reinstall using the installer package from Zune.net | Download Zune software.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #8
techgrl
Zewbie

techgrl is on a distinguished road
Default Please someone Help!!!!!

I have went to a lot of zune boards and I've tried a lot of the advise. But I try to launch the zune software and nothing happens. Ive uninstalled reinstalled, unzooned and reinstalled I even did the microsoft .net frame thing someone posted about and still nothing. Can someone please help me?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
J Man
Zewbie

J Man is on a distinguished road
Default EZ Fix for restart err msg

just go here...

You are repeatedly prompted to restart the computer after you install the Zune software

Closed Thread