Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
TraceBusta
Zewbie

TraceBusta is on a distinguished road
Default Software won't synch correctly

I was using Win XP sp 2 and the software was working perfectly, no problems. Out of nowhere, it stopped synching correctly. Let's say I had 16 songs to transfer. The program would say "Now Synching: 16 songs". After about 5-6 songs move over, it would stop and say "Not Synched: 1 song" The error message on the one song would say "The player has become disconnected and is no longer available." which is a lie, because the player was never disconnected and it still says "connected" on the player screen. I recently formatted my computer and installed windows 7, but I'm still getting the same problem. I've tried multiple usb ports, using the standard usb cord it came with and the dock station as well. My girlfriend has a zune as well, and it was having the same problem when it was docked to my computer, but she has no problems when she has it hooked up to hers.

Any ideas of what could be causing this and how to get it working again?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
SteppingSplash
Half Bad
Expert Zuner

SteppingSplash has a spectacular aura aboutSteppingSplash has a spectacular aura about

If you have a wireless network, try a wireless sync.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
TraceBusta
Zewbie

TraceBusta is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that, I can't believe I didn't try that again. I tried that when I was using win xp, but it wasn't working then. It's now working over the network so I'm not completely s.o.l., but I would prefer to be able to get it working over the usb.

Closed Thread