Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > zHD

zHD Help with the Zune HD.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
msgilch
Zewbie

msgilch is on a distinguished road
Default Zune HD charging on VAF Octavio 1z

Is there anyone who can confirm or deny the pin-outs between the Zune 80GB and the Zune HD are equivalent? I have a VAF Octavio 1z (Zune dock) that would play and charge (at the same time - similar to a regular Zune dock using your existing sound system) my old Zune. When I purchased a new Zune HD 32GB, and subsequently used with the Octavio, it quickly became obvious (by the power drain and no charge indicator) the Zune HD would not charge. I would assume there was a pin-out change between the second generation Zunes, and the new Zune HD except for the fact my HD is compatible with the regular Zune dock; and it does charge and play there. For all I know, there is a new pin combination that allows the Zune HD to charge, and the Octavio doesn't have it ... if that's a possibility. There is no problem with using the Octavio ... it's actually a very impressive speaker array, and I use it continually despite the aforementioned. I just have to stop and re-charge if it suddenly stops playing. And I guess it's possible I bent the "charge pin" on the Octavio itself, although looking closely at it, it doesn't appear to be the case. Does anyone own one of these Octavios? And have you had the same experience? If so, is there a way to fix it? Thanks for reading my post, and I apologize if this is duplicated elsewhere. I'm new to getting answers from blog communities.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
NSILMike
Support Team
Super Zuner

NSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really nice

the common functions between the two are on the same pins. the octavio dock may be trying to sense other HD pins, and if not there, won't supply power. I have a zune (2nd gen) dock and it works fine for sync'ing my HD as well as charging it.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Kojin
Squirt

Kojin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kojin

That seems like a weird problem, I have my original Zune 30gb cord and it works just fine with my HD. I suggest you ask the manufacturer about it, assuming nobody here can provide an answer that works. Maybe it's malfunctioning?

Closed Thread