Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Download XNA Applications

Download XNA Applications XNA Applications

Old 01-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #21
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

runewake2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to runewake2

If you want music, you can start it before you enter the app. It should work, though I haven't tried it.

I don't think the drum machine would have run into this problem. It occurs at or around 8 sounds playing at once and having 8 drums playing at once seems a bit odd.

I'm not sure about sticking all the playing sounds on top of each other, I've never tried it. I'm not sure if XNA would let me. I'll look into it and see what happens.

I can actually make drum sound effect pretty easily in FL Studio. Frankly, I might just have it so that their are multiple "SoundPacks" which you can just unzip over the original sounds to get what you want.

Also, I forgot about one little detail in my modders guide. It should be relatively easy to add extra columns. The only reason I don't let you do this now is that I have to account for the Zune's tiny screen. I should have a scroll bar working shortly that should fix this.

runewake2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #22
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by runewake2 View Post
If you want music, you can start it before you enter the app. It should work, though I haven't tried it.

I don't think the drum machine would have run into this problem. It occurs at or around 8 sounds playing at once and having 8 drums playing at once seems a bit odd.

I'm not sure about sticking all the playing sounds on top of each other, I've never tried it. I'm not sure if XNA would let me. I'll look into it and see what happens.

I can actually make drum sound effect pretty easily in FL Studio. Frankly, I might just have it so that their are multiple "SoundPacks" which you can just unzip over the original sounds to get what you want.

Also, I forgot about one little detail in my modders guide. It should be relatively easy to add extra columns. The only reason I don't let you do this now is that I have to account for the Zune's tiny screen. I should have a scroll bar working shortly that should fix this.
Cool stuff, and after trying it (it's pretty awesome by the way) the only thing I can think to add would be to have it play the sound when you turn on a tile, so its not just randomly pressing tiles and hoping for the best

boohbah11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #23
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

Good idea, I'll add that to the next release.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #24
shpongled
Zewbie

shpongled is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by runewake2 View Post
I should have a scroll bar working shortly that should fix this.
now that would be cool!

Last edited by shpongled; 01-06-2012 at 03:13 PM.

shpongled is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

Minor Update to version 5. Source not updated.
- Notes are now played when you enable them, this also animates notes with the played animation (glowing white) when they are placed.

Heading back to school next week so work on this may slow down. Hopefully I can get that scrollbar for you shpongled by next weekend.

EDIT: The scroll bar is working, I just need to work out a few bugs with it (it currently deactivates if you aren't "over" the slider part), once that is finished it should be relatively easy to work in.

This scroll bar is being pulled from my newest "Big" project currently titled Nova. This is a more expansive engine than my earlier ZNA and is intended for XBox, PC and Zune. It will hopefully be better constructed than ZNA was and easier to understand.

Anyway, scroll bars appear to be on schedule and should be released by the weekend if not sooner.

UPDATE! (current version 6)
-Source Not Updated
Now includes experimental scroll bar and a much larger number of rows. Sorry about the size of the bar, that one was designed for a mouse.

I'm sure this version will have some unforseen bugs as it was converted from a Mouse based system. However, all my tests works (though they were a bit scarce). Opinions appreciated.

Have fun.

PS. I'm working on a version two for the modders guide, which will include how to change the number of columns shown. Assuming everything works fine, it should be a single number that you need to change. ahh, simplicity!

Last edited by runewake2; 01-11-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #26
Arendek12
Zewbie

Arendek12 is on a distinguished road

It's not complicated at all. GIMP is very easy to use and very intuitive, not to mention that is highly portable. For complicated operations with large image manipulations you will need to study a lot more.

Arendek12 is offline   Reply With Quote