Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Development Discussions > Development Help

Development Help For help from coding to error finding to that one thing you just can't get right

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Kojin
Squirt

Kojin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kojin
Angry Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input.TouchLocation doesn't contain a definition for Position

Hello, Sorry that my first post is asking for help. I was hoping my first one was going to be me releasing a game. Sad day. Anyway, I keep getting this error:
Code:
error CS1061: 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input.TouchLocation' does not contain a definition for 'Positon' and no extension method 'Positon' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input.TouchLocation' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
It seems silly that TouchLocation wouldn't have a Position. So, I looked it up on the msdn site and in the definition for TouchLocation, it does indeed, have a Position definition. This baffles me.
I do have
Code:
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input;
I did lots of looking around and I can't find any information on this (i did try searching and didn't see anything except somebody said "Upgrade Solution" for something similar and I can't find that option anywhere)

Anyway I've been doing a lot of Java programming recently and decided I wanted to take a shot at something for the Zune since it's "dead" now I want to be part of what keeps it "alive" longer. But, until I can get the position of where people touch there's not a ton I can do :x

Code:
example:
TouchCollection touchCollection = TouchPanel.GetState();
foreach( TouchLocation t1 in touchCollection)
{
    if (t1.Position.X >= 31 && t1.Position.Y <= 60)
   {
      //do some stuff
   }
}
Thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time if it's something I did stupid

So, I may, just maybe have, typed "Position" here and "Positon" in my code. I apologize can somebody lock :x.
I may have been doing too much coding in the last few weeks

Last edited by Kojin; 01-29-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
dooglehead
><(((ยบ>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Mistakes like that are easy to overlook and we are here to help, so there is no need to apologize. Good luck on your game.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

What is it with people with this huge titles that prevent me from adding [SOLVED]? :v Locked, anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread