Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Application Suggestions

Application Suggestions Have an awesome idea for an application? Feel free to share!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
ghost55
Jr. Zuner

ghost55 is on a distinguished road
Default Pen and Paper RPG app

It would be really cool to have an app that would allow you to create and modify character sheets for games like DnD 3.5 and Shadowrun on the Zune HD. I am a complete programming noob, but I doubt it would be that difficult to make.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2011, 06:06 AM   #2
xombieboi
Squirt

xombieboi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xombieboi

That would be really neat to see.... but don't you need a game master for games like that? That would MAYBE need some sort of Wireless Capabilities of some sort.. Right? Or am I thinking of something else....?

Old 05-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xombieboi View Post
That would be really neat to see.... but don't you need a game master for games like that? That would MAYBE need some sort of Wireless Capabilities of some sort.. Right? Or am I thinking of something else....?
If it's just for storing sheets, you don't need anything complicated, just a form interface for the stats of the game and a method for saving the numbers. It would, however, be made more complex and do more functions if you wished. One thing I would suggest would be a dice roller built into it. Both of those are simple enough for anyone who knows the language.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
ghost55
Jr. Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xombieboi View Post
yeah no, it would be just for storing and editing character sheets for different RPG's. I'm thinking DnD 3.5, and Shadowrun character sheets should come pre-loaded.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
MisterZeek
Zewbie

MisterZeek is on a distinguished road

I would think it would be fairly easy to do that already either scan your character sheet save it as a jpeg or take a screenshot of it and save it to your zune. Pretty simple. I don't think you need an app for that.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
ghost55
Jr. Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterZeek View Post
I would think it would be fairly easy to do that already either scan your character sheet save it as a jpeg or take a screenshot of it and save it to your zune. Pretty simple. I don't think you need an app for that.
when playing an rpg, you often need to edit the character sheet.

Closed Thread